Friday, May 28, 2010

My own Personal Acronym

I am normally not a big fan of acronyms. They are particularly annoying when you don't know what they stand for. However, I have decided to take advantage of that reality and create my own acronym for strategic use in conversation. For those of you that read my blog, you will be in on the gambit, for others, oh well.

The root of my acronym is in a message I heard a few years back by Bill Johnson in which he said that he often times is asked for his opinion on things on which he has no opinion. Furthermore, he is not required to have an opinion on everything and is not required to state it even if he does. Brilliant!

To my acronym: IHNO (pronounced like "I Know") When conversation requires my obligatory response and I am not fully engaged or interested, I can put on a concerned/agreeable/distressed face, whichever is required by the situation, and say "IHNO". Which means of course, "I have no opinion." The duplicity is delicious. The conversation continues and I have extricated myself with two syllables.

If you are reading this, you are welcome to use my acronym. Who knows we may start a movement. Then again, you may just decide to respond IHNO!

No comments:

Post a Comment