"Are you sure?" we asked.
"Absolutely!" She replied, "I have five kids at home and this is the closest thing to peace and quiet I have had all day."
We laughed and I continued the conversation, "How old?"

" I have a twelve, a ten an eight and twin toddlers," she smiled.
"You have some built in babysitting, don't you." I added.
"They are really good," she was beaming now. It was obvious to me that this woman was a mom who was a real Home-Maker.
"May I ask a question," I pressed on. "Do you get some strange looks when people find out you have five kids?"
"People look at me and say 'You poor thing!' But I think it's great." She was still smiling.
"I think it's great too. Merry Christmas," and we parted.
There are moments when you know you are in the presence of someone special; someone with influence and strength. Too often we look to political leaders, business people or entertainers for inspiration. Tonight I was inspired by a woman with whom I shared a brief conversation. I saw in her a person creating an environment for her children for them to grow into people with the opportunity to be like her. In a very real way she is shaping the future by the sheer joy evident in her presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment