Thirty one years ago today, I set up my workbench in the front yard of our home out by Fort Cobb lake. My project was to build a doll bed for my daughter Sara who would turn 3 the ne
March 30 2012:
Ginger and I fulfilled a long held desire to visit the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, CA. As I went through the exhibit that detailed the assassination attempt, I went back in time to when I stood there as a much younger man, shocked at the news of the attempt on our President. I went back to a day when my Sara was almost three.
We are told by neurologists that our brains hold memories of all the experiences we have ever had. During hypnosis and other tests the memories have been triggered and experienced afresh by individuals. There was a moment today when I realized that I was standing in the Reagan Memorial at almost precisely 31 years to the moment from the time of that tragic event. In my mind I stood again in the yard, felt the same feelings, called in the house to give Ginger the news. It was almost like a cheesy movie flashback, but it was eerie for me, as it was very real.
President Reagan, a great man, is no longer with us. The doll crib was restored last year
Ronald Reagan Memorial, Simi Valley, CA
No comments:
Post a Comment