Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Travel Tip


I fly Southwest Airlines often because they go from where I am to where I want to be most of the time. I count it a great day when I score an exit row seat and luxuriate in the expansive legroom. Today I took the exit row aisle seat and by the window was a young man with a Yankee's hat on. There was a middle seat between us.

I strike up a conversation about our hope for potential candidates for the middle seat and shared a couple of wide body horror stories of trips gone by. Then came a shocking confession.

"I am really not a Yankee fan," confided James. "I am from Kansas City. I travel in my job a lot. I have learned that for the most part people hate the Yankees. I wear the hat and more often than not I get an empty seat next to me."

BRILLIANT! I realize that I am in the presence of a perceptive and wise young man. You will see in the picture the proof of his insight--the Yankee hat and the empty seat.

James, my hat is off to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment